Chief Executive Officer
Service to School (S2S) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that provides free application counseling to military veterans for undergraduate and graduate programs. Our goal is to help veterans maximize their education benefits by earning admission to the best universities possible. S2S uses a peer-to-peer mentoring model with oversight and training provided by S2S leaders.
The S2S CEO will represent the organization to the public, continuously improve the services we offer, increase the number of applicants we support and their outcomes, and grow the organization in a financially prudent manner. The CEO leads our entire organization, including a small number of paid operations employees as well as scores of part-time volunteers. The CEO reports directly to the S2S Board of Directors.
What We Look For
We prefer US military veterans for this role, but do not require it. You must exemplify the servant-leader culture of our organization as you will be the chief culture carrier. You must inspire and lead our dedicated group of employees and volunteers through demonstration of the highest levels of character, integrity, and competence.
- Fundraise: Grow S2S resources to allow us to help more veterans; manage existing relationships with foundations, key donors, and corporate partners
- VetLink: Ensure the success of our flagship program, VetLink (VetLink schools are colleges that have officially partnered with S2S to create a funnel of qualified undergraduate applicants; currently include Amherst, Cornell, UChicago, Emory, Harvard, MIT, Notre Dame, Pomona, Princeton, Smith, Stanford, Syracuse, Williams, and Yale)
- Manage existing partnerships
- Increase quality and quantity of applicants
- Grow partnerships with new VetLink schools
- Lead, manage, and inspire ops teams with your primary focus on undergraduate operations
- Maintain success (number of applicants and admissions rates) in MBA, JD, and other grad programs
- Infrastructure: Ensure operational processes and systems are in place to drive success (CRM, automation)
- Marketing and Applicant Acquisition: Increase the number of undergrad veteran applicants we are reaching and who successfully
- matriculate after completing the Service to School process, with an emphasis on digital marketing
- Public R: Serve as the public face of the organization and increase exposure at events and in the media
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation and benefits packages are competitive with leading veteran services organizations of our size. We value our team members and it’s important to us that they are motivated and compensated for their extraordinary dedication to mission.
To apply, please e-mail your resume with a message about why you are the right fit for S2S and how you can enable S2S to do even better: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service to School (S2S) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that provides free application counseling and mentorship to military veterans. Our goal is to help veterans win admission to the best universities possible and assist them in maximizing their education benefits. Through education benefits, the nation has proved its commitment to help veterans help themselves, but it is also an important investment in our country’s human capital, because veterans will grow our economy just as they did in the decades following World War II. As an organization and as a country, we can ensure that the education benefits provided to veterans today are as effective – indeed, as transformative – as they were for the Greatest Generation.
- Assist the staff in data collection and ensuring quality assurance
- Assist with creation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports
- Assist in the planning and coordination of annual events and conferences
Social Media and Marketing
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis
- Track key social media analytics
- Analyze best performing social media posts and generate new content that does similar or better
- Draft news releases and other stories
- Manage various email marketing campaigns
Conduct research in areas including: higher ed, veterans benefits and GI bill, veteran education, military transition programs
This position would report to the Director of Undergraduate Operations.